Dear all, dear IOU members, dear ornithologists,
there is a job announcement: Program Manager for Avian Conservation and Biodiversity
This position will supervise, coordinate and oversee the conservation of birds (primarily shorebirds, marsh birds, beach nesters, waders, and raptors), the Environmental Review program, and implementation of Delaware's Wildlife Action Plan. The incumbent will serve as primary point of contact for NatureServe/Biotics and other data, biodiversity, and climate change work groups. This position will supervise three full-time Environmental Scientists and multiple seasonal employees, issue scientific collecting and wildlife rehabilitation permits, and assist with writing and administrating grants and associated budgets.
OB REQUIREMENTS for Environmental Program Manager I
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Engineering, Environmental Science or related field.
- Three years experience in interpreting environmental laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Three years experience in analyzing and evaluating data.
- One year experience in designing, planning, and overseeing the implementation of environmental/natural resources projects or program components while ensuring statewide or regional program goals are achieved.
- Knowledge of budget development which includes analyzing financial data and making long and short range plans and projections.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees
Contact: Justyn R. Foth, Ph.D., Environmental Scientist III - Waterfowl, Turkey, and Upland Gamebird Program Leader